Executive Programme in Family Business Management
The Family Business Management programme has been designed to understand the real opportunities for growth and development of small and medium sized-enterprises, making the most of the pillars of sound management and managerial organization.
The multidisciplinary approach, enriched by input from leading players from the family business world in Italy, provides the participants, heirs of business entrepreneurs or young professionals, with the skills necessary to build and efficaciously run a family business model.
The second edition of the Family Business Management programme exhibits some new features compared to the inaugural edition, aimed at improving the quality of the training offered and the level of teaching support services.
In this regard the most important new aspect is the partnership with the IÉSEG School of Management, under whose auspices two modules will be organized and taught at IÉSEG’s campus in Paris. The modules in question will focus on analyzing excellence in Italian and French family businesses, with a view to fostering the development of a network with international reach.
The objectives of the programme are to:
- introduce basic concepts and the defining features of a family business;
- understand the typical market pros and cons of a family business;
- assist participants in devising an efficacious family business corporate governance model;
- facilitate intergenerational leadership succession;
- provide the tools required to manage the marriage between family tradition and the need for innovation;
- understand the opportunities and risks associated with the process of internationalization of a family business;
- know the business structure: the role of managers who are not family members, the role of the board of directors and the role of independent directors.
The programme is designed for the heirs of business entrepreneurs who wish to take over the running of their family business and young professionals who already work for or would like to work for a family business, in order to gain and develop the theoretical knowledge and practical skills required to efficiently manage a family business.
Fabio Corsico, Director of External Relations, Public Affairs and Development at the Caltagirone Group
Chairman of Corporate Advisory Board
Gian Maria Gros-Pietro, Chairman Intesa Sanpaolo