in partnership with
The Major in Disruptive M&A gives a comprehensive outlook of the new Merger&Acquisition dynamics, strategies and processes, in a world strongly transformed by the disruptive innovations powered by the new digital technologies.
The Disruptive M&A program follows all the phases of the acquisition process, vastly different from the traditional approach: from the analysis of the supply and demand for innovation, to the metrics used in the selection and evaluation phase of the startup, to the construction of the business planning and business modeling, to the negotiation and closing phase, including legal aspects and tax, to the fundamental post-merger integration and governance phases.
This program is designed for talented graduates looking to build the distinctive capabilities and valuable knowledge required to drive M&A processes in businesses undergoing disruptive transformations, merging the professional knowledge of the changing M&A activities with business and technology-driven strategies, managerial skills and leadership techniques.
The Major has a particular focus on the skills, competencies and technologies most sought after by corporate venture capital functions, venture capital firms, management consulting firms, law firms, investment banking firms, and innovative startups in technology-intensive businesses.
The Master provides students with 60 ECTS credits.
It prepares professionals to:
- To realize Disruptive M&A’s strategic role, key issues and stakeholders involved;
- To understand innovation generation and disruptive technologies; in particular, new technologies identification, valuation, validation, adoption and risks, together with vertical sectors’ key trends and specific issues;
- To learn all the phases of the Disruptive M&A process;
- To understand regulation and sustainability aspects: antitrust issues, privacy issues, right to be forgotten, patents, consumers protection, copyright, social impact and social innovation, and ecosystems;
- To learn how to define and manage the post-merger integration activities;
- To understand how to manage a startup and make it thrive, and how to analyze failure causes and learn from them.
Learning methods and key courses
- Top managerial education
- Combination of lectures and labs
- Field project
- Focus on business transformation
- Soft skills and leadership capabilities, complemented by ethics and social responsibility
- Understanding environmental change dynamics, digitization and strategic management
The Master welcomes recent graduates from a variety of study disciplines and cultural backgrounds. Fluent English and personal motivation are required.
Scientific Director and Committee
Paolo Boccardelli, Dean Luiss Business School
Fabrizio Virtuani, Adjunct Professor Luiss Business School, Digital Transformation, ICT Management and Business Development Senior Executive
Andrea Prencipe, Rector Luiss Business School
Luca Pirolo, Head of Master Programmes Luiss Business School
Federica Brunetta, Assistant Professor – Department of Business and Management of Luiss Guido Carli University in Rome.
Mario Derba, Citrix Area VP for Western & Southern Europe
Maximo Ibarra, Chief Executive Officer (CEO) – Sky Italia
Alberto Mattiacci, PhD, Full Professor of Marketing and Business Management at Sapienza
Leonardo Quattrocchi, Adjunct Professor Luiss Business School
Rosella Lehnus, Director at Deloitte Financial Advisory