LUISS University, Libera Università Internazionale degli Studi Sociali Guido Carli (which will be referred to as LUISS), is a private university in Italy.
What personal data do we collect?
LUISS, as a data controller, collects the following data:
- identifying user information such as IP addresses and dominions;
- data related to the user’s use of the site through cookies;
- data related to user preferences expressed during navigation of the web site;
- data produced voluntarily by the user – identifying information – to access specific services offered through the site.
Cookies are text files that are automatically generated during a browsing session. Session cookies are removed automatically once the browser is closed. Another type of cookie is memorized on the user’s computer (for example to automatically log in to web sites, a user can request to memorize their user name and password on one of these files.) Analytics cookies are used to collect information for statistical purposes on the number of users that visit the site and how they reach it. The aforementioned cookies can be installed directly by a web site manager or by a third party. Lastly, profiling cookies are used to send advertisements, for example through personalized banners, in line with a user’s preferences as demonstrated through their browsing.
The LUISS web site uses analytics cookies and third-party profiling cookies and similar technologies, the latter primarily from the following:
- Google Plus, Maps, YouTube: http://www.google.it/policies/privacy/
- Facebook: https://it-it.facebook.com/help/cookies/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/privacy?lang=it
- Instagram: https://instagram.com/legal/cookies/
- Flickr: https://policies.yahoo.com/us/en/yahoo/privacy/products/flickr/index.htm
- Linkedin: https://www.linkedin.com/legal/privacy-policy
- LiveChat: https://www.livechat.com/legal/privacy-policy/
- Microsoft: https://privacy.microsoft.com/it-it/privacystat
Why does LUISS collect data?
LUISS collects data for the following purposes:
- correct functioning of the web site;
- statistical evaluation of how the site is used;
- to collect information about a user’s preferences during web browsing;
- to send commercial information in line with a user’s expressed preferences during browsing sessions;
- to monitor possible illegal acts that could cause harm to third parties or to LUISS;
- to comply with European and national law.
Why is this collection of data legal?
The collection of personal data as processed by LUISS is legal as it is based on user consent expressed during browsing and expressly given while consulting the web site.
How does LUISS process data and for how long is it stored?
Personal data is stored both in hard copy and electronically (servers, cloud databases, software applications, etc).
LUISS stores users’ personal information according to fundamental criteria: the reason it was collected, for marketing purposes and according to law. Further information regarding how long data is stored according to each data category is available on www.luiss.it
Who does LUISS share personal data with?
LUISS staff and collaborators have access to personal data strictly limited to information necessary to provide requested services. In particular:
- administrative staff;
- the marketing office staff.
LUISS staff and collaborators have been informed of the importance of data privacy: LUISS has adopted all the necessary practices to bring their attention to the importance of protecting personal data.
LUISS shares personal information with some service providers that assist in offering services requested by users:
- third-party operators that provide assistance in web site management.
When third-party operators access data, they do so in accordance with data protection law and upon instruction from LUISS.
LUISS does not communicate personal data to third parties without authorization, except when it is required by law or an authority.
Is data transferred abroad?
User data is never transferred abroad.
What are my rights and how can I exert them?
European legislation, GDPR 2016/679, guarantees specific rights. For each data transfer, users have the following rights:
- Access rights: users have the right to obtain a copy of their personal data that has been processed;
- the right to modify: users have the right to modify personal data to either update or correct when necessary;
- the right to refuse the use of data for commercial purposes: users may ask LUISS to stop sending commercial communications at any moment;
- the right to refuse decisions based exclusively on automated processes: users may request to not be subject to decisions made based exclusively on automated processes, including profiling activity;
- the right to revoke previously granted consent: users have the right to revoke permissions previously granted for any transmitted data at any time;
- the right to contact the Italian Data Protection Authority: users have the right to contact the agency with any doubts regarding the processing of personal data at LUISS.
Users may also exercise the following rights under certain circumstances:
- the right to delete data: users may ask LUISS to delete personal data when it is no longer required to provide a service, is not needed for any legitimate purposes and there are no laws that require its continued storage;
- the right to refuse data processing: users may ask LUISS to cease processing of personal data;
- the right to limit processing: users have the right to ask LUISS to limit the use of personal data;
- the right to data portability: users have the right to receive personal data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format that may be transmitted to another controller.
Users interested in exercising these rights must send an email to email@example.com or to the following address, specifying the request and providing information required to be identified by attaching a copy of a form of identification: LUISS Guido Carli, Viale Pola, 12 – 00198 – Roma.
LUISS will respond within one month. If LUISS is not able to satisfy a request, the University will send a detailed explanation.
How can LUISS be contacted?
The information presented on this page is intended to inform users on which types of data are collected by LUISS and how the data is processed. Users requiring additional information or clarification can contact us at:
LUISS Guido Carli, Viale Pola, 12 – 00198 – Roma – firstname.lastname@example.org