WHY THE MASTER IN MANAGEMENT AND TECHNOLOGY WITH A MAJOR IN GLOBAL SUPPLY CHAIN MANAGEMENT?
The evolution of traditional business models followed by the diffusion of digital technologies require firms to reengineer the traditional business units like operations, logistics, and procurement. Supply Chain managers are requested to manage global Supply Chains that integrate all stakeholders in unique networks, use evolved and intelligent systems to face the worldwide competition, and incorporate new business trends like sustainability, digital transformation, and omnichannel.
The Major in Global Supply Chain Management seeks to form managers for the implementation and the management of Supply Chains at a global level with a focus on technology. A successful Supply Chain requires strong managerial, technological, and strategic competences, to satisfy exigent consumers at a global level and integrate traditional channels with new and modern options. Therefore, the students of this Major will acquire managerial skills and strategic competences to implement, manage, and perform global Supply Chains and identify the most effective and appropriate technological solutions.
The Master provides students with 60 ECTS credits.
It prepares professionals to:
- Identify the strategic partners and establish strong interdependencies among Supply Chain members. Build up a Global Supply Chain Management structure through the adoption of joint best practices. Optimize operations among various business functions and integrate within global Supply Chain settings.
- Form strategic Supply Chains through long terms negotiation and agreements, implementation of ad hoc performance indicators and monitoring systems, creation of incentive mechanisms to pursue high-level goals.
- Adopt the best technological solutions within a Supply Chain to integrate suppliers at a global level, design ad hoc collaborative programs, synchronize traditional business strategies in a Supply Chain perspective, as well as implement online, e-commerce, and omnichannel solutions.
- Evaluate the environmental impact of Supply Chains, integrate the environmental targets and restrictions in a Supply Chain strategy, analyze sustainable technologies and select material, goods, and services by considering environmental targets. Assess the impact of Global Supply Chains on Corporate Social Responsibility goals and the Triple Bottom Line.
- Reshape the Supply Chain strategies through digital technologies. Design and adopt Blockchains to create smart contracts. Integrate Artificial Intelligent systems for optimizing the decision-making process over the Supply Chain.
LEARNING METHODS AND KEY COURSES
- Top managerial education
- Combination of lectures and labs
- Field project
- Focus on business transformation
- Soft skills and leadership capabilities, complemented by ethics and social responsibility
- Understanding environmental change dynamics, digitization and strategic management
The Master is aimed at recent graduates with a BA who want to integrate their theoretical background with new competences and practical knowledge in Global Supply Chain Management, to start a professional career in several contexts, including: manufacturing firms, consulting companies, logistic providers, retailing firms, IT providers and service companies. Fluent English and personal motivations are required.
SCIENTIFIC DIRECTOR AND COORDINATOR
Paolo Boccardelli, Dean Luiss Business School
Pietro De Giovanni, Associate Professor in International Operations and Supply Chain at LUISS University