Objectives of the Major in Global Supply Chain Management
The evolution of traditional business models followed by the diffusion of digital technologies require firms to reengineer traditional business units like operations, logistics, and procurement. Supply chain managers are requested to manage global supply chains that integrate all stakeholders in unique networks, use evolved and intelligent systems to face worldwide competition, and incorporate new business trends such as sustainability, digital transformation, and omnichannel marketing.
Students of the Major in Global Supply Chain Management acquire managerial skills and strategic competences to implement, manage, and perform global supply chains and identify the most effective technological solutions.
Participants learn to:
- identify strategic partners and establish strong interdependencies among supply chain members
- form strategic supply chains through long term negotiations and agreements
- adopt the best technological solutionswithin a supply chain to integrate suppliers at the global level, designing ad hoc collaborative programmes and synchronising traditional business strategies in a supply chain perspective
- evaluate the environmental impactof supply chains and integrate environmental targets and restrictions in a supply chain strategy
- reshape supply chain strategies through digital technologies and integrate Artificial Intelligence systems to optimise the decision-making process throughout the supply chain
Diploma and ECTS
The Master in Management and Technology – Major in Global Supply Chain Management is a one-year Master of Science equivalent to “Master Universitario di I livello” in accordance with the Italian university system. It provides students with at least 60 ECTS – European Credit Transfer and Accumulation System. At the end of the Programme, the Master’s Diploma “Master Universitario di I livello” will be conferred to participants who have passed exams or others assessment tests envisaged in the study program.
Target audience of the Major in Global Supply Chain Management
The Major in Global Supply Chain Management is aimed at recent graduates — or those graduating soon — who are interested in developing competencies in the industry.
The programme puts students on career paths in a wide range of organisations in the industry, in positions such as:
- Supply Chain Manager
- Production Manager
- Logistics Manager
- Procurement Manager
- Supply Chain Strategist
- Supply Chain Analyst
- Technology Consultant for Supply Chain Applications
- Digital Supply Chain Consultant
- Supply Chain Consultant
Direction and Coordination
Federica Brunetta, Assistant Professor of Corporate Strategy and Technology and of Innovation Management, Luiss Business School
Pietro De Giovanni, Associate Professor of International Operations and Supply Chain, Luiss Guido Carli University