The Master’s Degree Programme in Big Data and Management Master in Digital and Business Transformation focuses on improving students’ understanding of the customer journey in order to increase business possibilities and improve profitability. Working with big data requires a highly interdisciplinary set of competencies: deep expertise in programming and computer science, good working knowledge of advanced statistical techniques, a thorough understanding of the business world, and excellent communication skills.
All these skills need to be developed with the right mix of classroom and field learning.
The curriculum of the Master’s Degree Programme in Big Data and Management is designed to prepare students to create analytical models and interpret them from a business-oriented perspective. It trains young professionals who wish to pursue a career as Data Scientists or Business Analysts.
Participants in the programme acquire:
- skills to collect, process, and extract value from large and diverse data sets;
- the capacity to work with different computing tools in order to address complex problems;
- the capability to understand, visualise, and communicate findings to the top management;
- the ability to create data-driven solutions that boost profits, reduce costs, and improve efficiency.
Diploma and ECTS
The Master in Big Data and Management is a one-year Master of Science equivalent to “Master Universitario di I livello” in accordance with the Italian university system. It provides students with at least 60 ECTS – European Credit Transfer and Accumulation System. At the end of the Programme, the Master’s Diploma “Master Universitario di I livello” will be conferred to participants who have passed exams or others assessment tests envisaged in the study program.
Target audience of the Master’s Degree Programme in Big Data and Management
The Master’s Degree Programme in Big Data and Management is aimed at recent graduates — or those graduating soon — with a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Economics, Statistics, Engineering, Information Systems, Mathematics or related fields.
The programme puts students on career paths in a wide range of organisations in positions such as:
- Analytics Solution Architect
- Big Data Architect
- Business Analytics Manager
- Chief Data Officer
- Data Analyst
- Data Management Consultant
Direction and Coordination
Giuseppe F. Italiano, Full Professor of Computer Science, Luiss Guido Carli University
- Pietro De Giovanni, Associate Professor at Luiss University
- Paolo Boccardelli, Full Professor of Management and Corporate Strategy, Luiss University
- Maximo Ibarra, CEO, Engineering Ingegneria Informatica S.p.A.
- Giuseppe Italiano, Full Professor of Computer Science, Luiss University
- Christian Lechner, Full Professor of Entrepreneurship, Luiss University
- Enzo Peruffo, Full Professor in Corporate Strategy, Luiss University
- Luca Pirolo, Head of Master’s Programmes, Luiss Business School
- Fabrizio Virtuani, Chief Innovation, Technology and Information Officer, Gruppo Tea