Objectives of the Major in Sustainability and Energy Industry
The energy industry is at the centre of the economic and social scenarios worldwide. It is a system shaped by a series of complex trade-offs. The complexity of the sector requires a well-grounded understanding of a variety of elements, both theoretical and practical.
The Major in Sustainability and Energy Industry provides a solid foundation in the energy industry, as well as a thorough knowledge of the energy ecosystem. Students acquire managerial skills and develop an understanding of the environmental and societal dimensions required to operate in the sector.
The programme gives participants an in-depth understanding of:
- building T-shaped capabilities, providing the business foundation to leverage technological expertise and become industry leaders
- cutting-edge financial instruments to manage energy projects
- emerging business models and the challenges provided by the impact of new geopolitics
- interaction with institutions, to gain advantage from the correct interpretation and use of the regulatory environment
- trends and evolutional dynamics, with a focus on renewable energy, opportunities and sustainability
Diploma and ECTS
The Master in International Management – Major in Sustainability and Energy Industry is a one-year Master of Science equivalent to “Master Universitario di I livello” in accordance with the Italian university system. It provides students with at least 60 ECTS – European Credit Transfer and Accumulation System. At the end of the Programme, the Master’s Diploma “Master Universitario di I livello” will be conferred to participants who have passed exams or others assessment tests envisaged in the study program
Target audience of the Major in Sustainability and Energy Industry
The Major in Sustainability and Energy Industry is aimed at recent graduates — or those graduating soon— interested in developing competencies in the energy industry.
The Programme enables graduates to undertake career paths in a wide range of organisations in the industry, including positions such as:
- Business Development Manager
- Energy Efficiency Consultant
- Energy Investment Analyst
- Energy Project Manager
- Environmental Manager
Direction and Coordination
Paolo Boccardelli, Dean, Luiss Business School
Marco Alverà, Chief Executive Officer, SNAM
Federica Brunetta, Associate Professor of Corporate Strategy and Technology and Innovation Management, Luiss Guido Carli University