Through its International Development Office, Luiss Business School promotes international exchange opportunities through cooperation and agreements with Schools and worldwide Education Institutions. The list of prospects, partner schools, and curricula may vary from year to year. Please refer to the information provided to students by the designated offices.
Students who meet specific criteria will have the opportunity to enrich their academic and personal background by attending part of their program abroad at an Institution belonging to the Luiss Business School network. Specifically, students will attend a period of study abroad while remaining enrolled at Luiss Business School for the entire exchange duration.
Luiss Business School students are exempt from paying tuition fees at the host institution. However, students will be responsible for travel and accommodation expenses, services, visa documents and any other additional costs that partners may require (e.g., registration costs, teaching materials, study tours).
Please, visit the section for further information about Luiss Business School network.
The exchange programme is open to students enrolled in one of the Luiss Business School Master’s programmes who meet the following requirements:
- Have obtained a bachelor’s degree at the time of registration for the relevant to the Call. It is required to have a degree (Italian or abroad) of at least 180 CFU/ECTS. Where a foreign qualification is awarded, equivalence certified by CIMEA will be required.
- Having successfully settled university fees for the current study period.
- Being able to prove at least a B2 level of English at the Luiss Business School admission test. It is the responsibility of the International Development Office to provide clear certification of this level achieved upon the admission test. Please note that some partner schools may require levels of English language proficiency higher than B2 and/or official certification of the necessary language (i.e., IELTS, TOEFL, Cambridge, and similar). It will be the student’s responsibility to ascertain whether they meet this requirement by the deadline of the call for applications according to the information provided in the Call for Applications and in the Partners section of the website.
For further information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
The International Development Office will introduce master’s students to the call for applications for the exchange programme including the requirements for participation, deadlines, and any other necessary information.
To participate in the call, the following will be required:
- Select up to three preferences among the proposed destination.
- Provide a motivation letter written in English.
- Provide a Resume/CV in English.
Selection criteria for the allocation of destinations and the defection of the ranking list include:
- English proficiency at least B2 and any certification where required.
- Motivation letter in English.
- Curriculum Vitae in English (mandatory for MBA and the Executive, evaluated for the remaining programmes in the case of equal scores).
- A knowledge of a possible second foreign language (optional).
Places at the partner schools will be awarded according to a ranking list, which will consider the candidates’ preferences in their applications and the criteria listed above.
Luiss Business School students can participate in the Buddy program created for hosted foreign students during their exchange. The Buddy supports international students in finding their way around the campus and the city. The programme is currently suspended due to the pandemic situation. Activities will be soon resumed.
International students from our Partner Schools who meet specific criteria will have the opportunity to participate in an exchange programme at Luiss Business School. These students will spend a study period at Luiss Business School and attend courses from one Master’s while remaining enrolled at their Home Institution for the entire lenght of the exchange.
Exchange students are exempted from paying tuition fees at Luiss Business School.
Who can partecipate?
Only students nominated by a Partner School can take part in the programme. Incoming exchange students are nominated by their home university coordinator, according to Home University’s selection procedure.
All incoming exchange students shall fullfill the following requirements:
- Enrollment in a graduate or postgraduate programme at Home institution;
- Attainment of at least 180 ECTS before the exchange;
- English language proficiency certified by Home Institution (B2 level minimum).
Partner Schools are responsible for the whole selection process. Please, refer to your Home School International Office for any enquiries or requests regarding selection procedures for the exchange programme.
Nomination deadlines for Partner Institutions
|Fall Semester (Term 1)||20 May 2022|
|Spring Semester (Term 2 e 3)||20 October 2022|
|Summer Term (MBA)||15 March 2022|
Partner Schools can nominate their students through the following form.
Application procedure for Incoming Exchange Students
The International Development Office will share the link to the Application Form with all nominated students once the nomination deadline expires.
The following documents will be required to finalize the registration for the exchange programme:
- Updated Transcript of Records/Graduation certificate with at least 180 ECTS;
- English certification issued by Home Institution (minimum level B2);
- CV/Resume in English;
- Copy of a passport for non-EU students or Identity Card for EU students;
- Passport photo (used for the student card).
Choice of courses
Luiss Business School Master programmes have a limited number of available slots.
Through the application form, exchange students may indicate up to three Luiss programmes in order of preference. Master’s programmes will be assigned on a first-come first-served basis, following the order of applications, and giving priority to students who are expected to obtain a higher number of credits from the exchange. Applicants who cannot be assigned to any of their preferences will be offered other Master’s programmes with available slots.
Incoming students will only be allowed to take courses from the Master’s programme they will be assigned to. Exceptions might be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Before completing the application form, prospective incoming students are advised to seek the support of their coordinator at Home Institution in choosing a Master’s programme.
Italian Language course
Luiss University offers to all its international students a free Italian language course, organized by our Language Center. The course might be a useful tool to learn some basics in Italian or, for those who already have some knowledge, improve and reach a higher level. The course takes place on Saturday mornings online. It does not validate credits.
Luiss Business School available facilities
All exchange students are free to express their preference for courses in one or more of the following:
a. Villa Blanc, Rome
Via Nomentana, 216 – 00162 Roma
Villa Blanc is an architectural jewel of the 19th century, restored in 2017. The campus will ensure students a unique learning experience thanks to the digital technologies offered combined with the prestigious historical setting. The location is formed by a main villa, six smaller villas and conservatories with typical Mediterranean plants set in a vast park.
b. Milano Luiss Hub for makers and students – Milan
Via Massimo Azeglio, 3 – 20154 Milano
The Milano Luiss Hub is a multifunctional space in the heart of the innovation district in Milan, between Garibaldi train station and Piazza Gae Aulenti. The hub is a digital manufacturing laboratory that hosts advanced management training, emerging start-ups and public events in perfect synergy.
c. Luiss Business School Amsterdam Hub – Amsterdam
Nieuwe Herengracht 103 – 1011 RZ Amsterdam
The building, located in the center of Amsterdam, dates to 1700 and hosted a monastery for over 60 years. Today, the facility has been completely renovated with a high-quality finish and a modern look. Amsterdam is Luiss international attraction point for sectors that represent Made in Italy abroad: fashion and luxury, creative industry and family business.