Dean, Luiss Business School
Professor of Management and Corporate Strategy, Luiss University
Director of the LUISS Business School Business Transformation (ReBooT), Luiss Business School
CEO and Managing Director at Luiss Business School BV and at Amsterdam Fashion Academy
2000 – PhD in Management – PhD’s Thesis. Dynamic configuration of technological expertise and new product development process
1998 – Visiting Doctoral Student – Chalmers University of Technology, Gothenburg (Sweden) – Development of Research Program “Business Creation through knowledge creation”
1995 – Master Degree in Business Administration – LUISS Guido Carli. cum laude. Degree Thesis in Management Competizione basata sul tempo e riflessi sulle operazioni aziendali. Caso Fiat Auto S.p.A.
Full Professor of Management and Corporate Strategy at Luiss University in Rome, Department of Business and Management, teaching in Bachelor and Master Programs, MBA, PhD in Management and executive education.
Designated Expert of International standing at the Australian Research Council and Member of the International Advisory Board, Leeds University Business School.
He is also Member of the Board of Directors, Chairman of the Related Parties Committee and Member of the Control and Risk Committee at Telecom Italia.
President of the Commissione di Vigilanza sulle Società di Calcio Professionistiche (Covisoc) and President of the Commissione delle Licenze UEFA. Component of the worktable about the governance for the reform of the football system at Federazione Italiana Giuoco Calcio (FIGC).
Designated Member of the SNS-SSSA-IUSS Evaluation Unit.
Chairman of the Advisory Board of the Lars Magnus Ericsson Foundation
Member of the Board of Centro Economia Digitale. Member of the Scientific Committee, Fondazione Lucio Papirio (publications and research on credits).
Member of the Board of Directors, AICAS – Italian Association of Directors and Statutory Auditors – and Member of the Scientific Committee of the Intelligence Laboratory, University of Calabria.
Vice President of the Steering Committee of CUEIM – Consorzio Universitario di Economia Industriale e Manageriale (University Consortium of Industrial and Managerial Economy).
He is on the Board of L. Com, acronym of LUISS Communication, which aims to create innovative business solutions and develop young professionals.
Member of the International Advisory Board, Leeds University Business School.
Member of the Scientific Committee of the Business Magazine Cyber Affairs, the first Italian news room specialized in cybersecurity
He has been Member of the Steering Group for the research “Women on Business School”, a research promoted by EFMD that is studying the role and advancement of women in European business schools.
He has been Member of the Board of Directors and President of the Remuneration Committee at UBI Banca and Independent Member of the Board of Directors at UBISS Scarl from Apr 2019 to Oct 2020
Expert on development and implementation of quality standards in planning and implementation of organizational changes, leadership and organization in higher education, university adaptation and change, international and comparative higher education, globalization of higher education systems, and knowledge management. During his tenure as Dean, LUISS Business School achieves the EQUIS accreditation and is going through AACSB. Furthermore, the School is now responsible for the Italian Chapter of PRME.
Advisor of Quality Services and Processes (EQUIS). As an experienced Dean, he provides support to the Schools that wants to run for the EQUIS accreditation process, giving advises on strategic actions and plan.
Member of the EQUIS Committee, composed by highly respected individuals with extensive experience of management education. It supports and advises the EFMD and the EQUIS Director on the development, implementation and operation of the System, including advice on relevant policies, criteria and processes.
Renowned speaker at International Conferences (Strategic Management Society, Academy of Management, Continuous Innovation Network, Eduniversal Convention, European Foundation for Management Development), he is the author of many scholarly publications in the field of strategic management, creative industries and business model innovation and wrote the heading “Creative Industries” of the Palgrave Dictionary on Strategic Management.
- 2011 – Best Reviewer Award – Academy of Management Technology and Innovation Management Division (TIM), San Antonio – Texas
- 2010 – Distinguished Paper Award – Academy of Management; Finalist for the Glueck Best Paper Award of the Business Policy and Strategy Division (BPS) with the paper “The Role of structural holes in highly regulated networks: a study of clinical research projects”
- 2009 – Best Paper Award – CINet (Continuous Innovation Network) 10th CINet International Conference, Brisbane (Australia)
Some recent publications
- Acciarini, C., Boccardelli, P., Vitale, M. (2021), “Resilient companies in the time of Covid-19 pandemic: a case study approach, Journal of Entrepreneurship and Public Policy”, DOI 10.1108/JEPP-03-2021-0021
- Acciarini, C., Brunetta, F. and Boccardelli, P. (2020), “Cognitive biases and decision-making strategies in times of change: a systematic literature review”, Management Decision. https://doi.org/10.1108/MD-07-2019-1006
- Boccardelli, P., (2018), Leader for a new world, in Fondirigenti (2018), Il Manager del Futuro. Scenari, strategie e competenze
- Brunetta F., Boccardelli P., Magni L., Mangiacotti E., (2018) “Dalla digita transformation all’open innovation: le strategie del mondo Pharma”, in Harvard Business Review Italia, ottobre 2018, Vol. n. 10. pp. 84-88
- Boccardelli P., Iacovone, D. (2018), “L’“impresa” di diventare digitale. Come la rivoluzione tecnologica sta influenzando la gestione d’impresa”, Il Mulino, Bologna, ISBN: 9788815274045
- Vicentini, F. Boccardelli, P (2016). Strategic Human Capital, Team Composition and Project Team Performance: The role of flexibility and experience. In Russ, M. (Ed.) Quantitative multidisciplinary approaches in human capital and asset management. IGI Global Publication, (pp. 1-317). Hershey, PA: IGI Global. ISBN: 9781466696525.
- Brunetta F., Boccardelli P., Giustiniano L., (2016), The institutional understanding of technological innovation. Considerations on international R&D networks, in “Contemporary Perspectives on Technological Innovation, Management and Policy”, Volume III, Information Age [forthcoming]
- Vicentini, F., Boccardelli, P. (2015). Innovazione e team di progetto nella produzione seriale televisiva. Economia dei Servizi, Mercati, Istituzioni, Management. (Forthcoming)
- Leone, T. Reichstein, P. Boccardelli and M. Magnusson, (2015) “License to Learn: An investigation into Thin and Thick Licensing Contracts”, R&D Management Journal, ISSN: 1467-9310, John Wiley & Sons, Inc., DOI: 10.1111/radm.12187
- Brunetta F., Boccardelli P., Lipparini A., (2015) “Central positions and performance in the scientific community. Evidences from clinical research projects”, Journal of Business Research, Volume 68, Issue 5, May 2015, Pages 1074-1081, ISSN 0148-2963
- Boccardelli P., Brunetta F. (2014). “Istituzioni, Mercati e Imprese. Il ruolo delle Istituzioni nelle strategie di crescita” MCGRAW-HILL, Milano, ISBN 978 88386 74679
- Boccardelli P., Santella R., (2014), “Entrepreneurial entry: approccio disposizionale vs approccio contestuale”, in Sinergie, Quaderno n. 17.
- Boccardelli P., D’Alise C., (2014), “Buyer mediated competition and supplier’s innovation” AOM, Annual Meeting of the Academy of Management, 1-5/08
- Boccardelli P., Markeviciute I. (2014), Changing the Value Proposition of a Business Model: The Recombinant Innovation Approach, 8th CINet Young Academics Workshop, Stockholm, Sweden
- Vicentini, F., Boccardelli, P. (2014). “Career Diversity and project performance in the Italian television Industry”, Journal of Business Research, Special Issue on: “Creative industries: think tanks for innovative practices in management, strategy and organization? indexed in ISI, [FASCIA A ANVUR].
- Brunetta, F., Boccardelli, P., Giustiniano, L. (2014) Institutional frameworks and R&D location choices. Seeking an equilibrium between jurisdiction shopping and institutional entrepreneurship. In: 30th EGOS Colloquium Rotterdam, Paesi Bassi, July 3–5, 2014
- Brunetta, F., Boccardelli, P., & Lipparini, A. (2014) No pain, no gain: Network structure in highly regulated settings. Evidences from clinical research. In: 30th EGOS Colloquium Rotterdam, Paesi Bassi, July 3–5, 2014
- Brunetta F., Boccardelli P., Lipparini A., (2014), “An Analysis of Network Structure in Highly-Regulated Settings: Evidences from Clinical Research”, Strategic Management Society 34th Annual International Conference Madrid, Spain.
- Capo F., Boccardelli P., (2014), “Here Comes the Shock: Leveraging Business Models into Networks”, Strategic Management Society 34th Annual International Conference Madrid, Spain.
- Capo F., Brunetta F., Boccardelli P. (2014), “Innovative Business Models in the Pharmaceutical Industry: A Case on Exploiting Value Networks to Stay Competitive”, International Journal of Engineering Business Management, 6 (23), DOI: 10.5772/59155, indexed in Scopus.
- Fontana F., Boccardelli P., (2014), Corporate Strategy, Hoepli Editore, Milano, forthcoming.
- Nenni, M.E., Arnone, V., Boccardelli, P., Napolitano, I. (2014). “How to increase the value of the project management maturity model as a business-oriented framework”. International Journal of Engineering Business Management, 6 (1), DOI: 10.5772/58292, indexed in Scopus.
- Vicentini, F., Boccardelli, P. (2014). “Team composition and project-based organizations: new perspectives for human resource management”. In: Russ, M. (Ed), Management, Valuation, and Risk for Human Capital and Human Assets: Building the Foundation for a Multi-Disciplinary, Multi-Level Theory,Palgrave Macmillan Edition.
- Vicentini, F., Boccardelli, F. (2014). “Project team reassembling and experiential diversity: evidences from the Italian television drama series industry”. In: “Waves and Winds of Strategic Leadership for Sustainable Competitiveness”, 14th Annual Conference of the European Academy of Management, Euram, Valencia, 4-7, June 2014. ISBN No: 978-84-697-0377-9 [Conference proceedings]
- Vicentini, F., Boccardelli, F. (2014). “Project team reassembling and experiential diversity: evidences from the Italian television drama series industry”. In: 30th EGOS Colloquium Rotterdam, The Netherlands, July 3–5, 2014
- Ahuja G., Boccardelli P., D’Alise C., (2013), “Supplier-Buyer Networks and Buyer’s Innovation”AOM, Annual Meeting of the Academy of Management, 9-13/08
- Boccardelli P., (2013), “Creative Industries”, in: Teece D.J., Augier M.E., Dictionary in Strategic Management, Palgrave Macmillan: DOI: 10.1057/9781137294678.0151.
- Boccardelli P., Supino I., (2013), “Institutions and financial markets: an institution-based view of derivatives”, Law and Economics Yearly Review, Vol. 2: pp. 312-336, ISSN 2050-9014.
- Brunetta, F., Boccardelli, P., & Lipparini, A. (2013) Central positions and performance in the scientific community. Evidences from clinical research projects.” In: 29th EGOS Colloquium 2013 Montreal, Canada
- Vicentini, F., Boccardelli, P. (2013). “Experiential diversity in team composition and team performance: evidences from project-based organizations”. In: “Democratising Management” 13th Annual Conference of the European Academy of Management, Euram, Istanbul, 26 -29, Giugno, 2013. ISBN No: 978-975-8400-35-5. [Contributo in Atto di convegno]
- Vicentini F., Boccardelli P. (2013), “Does Diversity in Career Patterns Matter? The Italian Television Industry”, Journal of Business Research, provisionally accepted, indexed in ISI
- Boccardelli P., Munari F., Sobrero M. (2012), “L’innovazione tecnologica e il vantaggio competitivo: analisi e gestione strategica degli investimenti in R&S”, In: Caroli M.G., Fontana F., ECONOMIA E GESTIONE DELLE IMPRESE, p. 407-462. Milan: MCGRAW-HILL.
- Boccardelli P., Lipparini A., (2012). To Bridge or not to Bridge: A Study of the Impact of Structural Holes on Performance in Temporary Organizations. In: ADVANCES IN STRATEGY AND ORGANIZATION, p. 21-45. Milan: MCGRAW-HILL. ISBN: 9788838673450.
- Brunetta F., Boccardelli P., Lipparini A., (2012), “Centralità e performance scientifica: alcune evidenze dai network di ricerca clinica”, in Finanza Marketing e Produzione, n. 1.
- Brunetta, F., Boccardelli, P., & Lipparini, A. (2012). Network dynamics for temporary organizations: evidences from the movie industry, In: Strategic Management Society 32nd Annual International, Prague, Czech Republic.
- Boccardelli P., (2011), “I modelli di business nel settore cinematografico”, in Economia della cultura, dicembre.
- Brunetta F., Boccardelli P., Lipparini A. (2011), “Does Network Centrality (Really) Matter? A Study on Clinical Research Projects”, accepted for presentation at the 31st SMS Annual International Conference “Strategies for a Multi-Polar World: National Institutions and Global Competition” Miami, Florida, 6-9 Novembre 2011.
- Vicentini F., Boccardelli P. (2011), “Structual Holes and Individual Flexibility at Work: Understanding the Strategic Human Capital in Project-Based Settings”, accepted for presentation at the 31st SMS Annual International Conference “Strategies for a Multi-Polar World: National Institutions and Global Competition” Miami, Florida, 6-9 Novembre 2011.
- Björk J., Boccardelli P., Magnusson M., (2010), “Ideation Capabilities for Continuous Innovation”, in Creativity and Innovation Management– shortlisted as 2010 Best Paper Award for Creativity and Innovation Management Journal.
- Brunetta F., Boccardelli P., Lipparini A., “Structural Characteristics of Networks Embedded in Highly Regulated Settings: Evidences from Clinical Research”, accepted for presentation at the 30th SMS Annual International Conference “Strategic Management at the Crossroads” Rome, Italy, September 2010.
- Brunetta F., Boccardelli P., Lipparini A., “The role of structural holes in highly regulated networks: a study of clinical research projects”, accepted for presentation at the 2010 Academy of Management Annual Meeting, Montreal, Canada, August 7-11, 2010. Paper selected as a Distinguished Paper Award Recipient – Finalist for the Glueck Best Paper Award of the Business Policy and Strategy Division – Academy of Management
- Vicentini F., Boccardelli P., “Strategic Human Capital, Team Composition and Project Team Performance: An Evidence from the Drama Industry”, accepted for presentation at the 30th SMS Annual International Conference “Strategic Management at the Crossroads” Rome, Italy, September 2010.