Luiss – Libera Università Internazionale degli Studi Sociali Guido Carli (hereinafter Luiss) is an independent university with an advanced education model.
This privacy notice describes the characteristics of the processing undertaken by Luiss in relation to the personal data of students of the Luiss Business School and highlights the students’ statutory rights in this regard.
The privacy notice is periodically updated to take account of regulatory developments and new methods of processing personal data.
What personal data do we collect?
The Controller collects and processes the following personal data:
- identifying data (name, surname, and citizenship);
- contact data (e-mail address and telephone number);
Why do we collect your data and why is their processing lawful?
The Controller collects and processes the data subject’s personal information in pursuit of the following purposes
- to send commercial communications and newsletters relating to the services offered and the initiatives promoted (the legal basis for the processing lies in the consent given by the data subject), as well as to invite the data subject to take part in events or training sessions or to participate in courses pertinent to the data subject’s education and employment.
- carry out further operations and communications, also through telephone interviews aimed at the attitudinal profiling of the interested party for guidance purposes (the legal basis for the processing lies in the consent given by the data subject).
How does the Controller process your personal data and how long is the data stored for?
The data subject’s personal data are processed both on paper and electronically (servers, cloud database, software, etc.).
The Controller stores the data subject’s data for a period of time consistent with what the law prescribes and having regard to the time required to correctly achieve the purposes stated above.
To whom do we communicate your personal data?
The personal data of registered students can be accessed solely by the University’s employees and other personnel so as to provide the students with the requested services and limited solely to the data necessary to that end, in particular:
- administrative staff;
- academic staff.
Our employees and other personnel have been informed and trained regarding the importance of observing the rules and principles governing the processing of personal data.
The Controller shares the personal data of the interested party with some suppliers that play a role in providing the requested services and that have been specifically appointed as external Processors to that end, in particular:
- third parties whose services the Controller avails of to manage the overall relationship with data subjects (e.g. newsletter provider…);
data do so in compliance with applicable data protection law and the instructions given by the Controller.
The Controller may not communicate personal data to third parties without the data subject’s consent unless communication is mandated by law or by the authorities:
- should such prove necessary on grounds of national security;
- for reasons of general interest;
- on foot of a request made by public authorities.
Are your data transferred abroad?
The data of registered students is not transferred abroad.
What are your rights as a data subject and how can you exercise them?
The European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) grants data subjects specific rights, in particular, regarding access to data, rectification of data, objection to processing of data for commercial purposes or automated processing of data, erasure of data, restrictions on processing of data and portability of data. Data subjects are also entitled to seek redress through the Data Protection Authority.
Any data subjects wishing to exercise their statutory rights may, without formality, send an e-mail to email@example.com or write to the Controller Luiss Guido Carli at Viale Pola 12, 00198 Rome, Italy, setting out their request and furnishing the information necessary to identify them.
The contact details of the Data Protection Officer (DPO) can be viewed on the Controller’s website at www.luiss.it.
The Controller will reply within one month. Should the Controller be unable to reply by the above deadline, it will give you a detailed explanation as to why your request cannot be satisfied.