2015 EFMD MBA Conference
This important event is aimed at MBA Directors and business school staff involved in part-time, full-time and executive MBA programmes. It is organised by the European Foundation for Management Development (EFMD) and will be hosted by LUISS Business School, Rome (Italy).
Sunday, 8 March 2015
- 17:00 Registration desk open
- 18:00 – 18:10 Greeting from the Chair – MBA RoomRaffaele Oriani, MBA Director & Conference Chair, LUISS Business School, IT
- 18:10 – 19:30 Ice-breaking activity – 10A+B
- Design thinking: what the MBA curriculum and cupcakes have in common
- 19:30 Dinner Sala Colonne
Monday, 9 March 2015
- 08:15 – Registration desk open
- 09:00 – 09:30 Welcome – Aula Magna
- Paolo Boccardelli, Dean, LUISS Business School, IT
- Nadine Burquel, Director, Business School Services, EFMD
- Raffaele Oriani, MBA Director & Conference Chair, LUISS Business School, IT
- 09:30 – 10:15 – What will the world look like in 2020? – Aula Magna
- Tim Jones, Director, The Future Agenda, UK
- 10:15 – 10:45 – Coffee Break – Sala Colonne
- 10:45 – 11:45 – Panel – What will the MBA look like in 2020? – Aula MagnaThree speakers from different backgrounds will share their perspective for the future. What will change, what will disappear and how does your school need to adapt?
- Kai Peters, Chief Executive, Ashridge, UK
- Luigi De Vecchi, Chairman Continental Europe for Corporate and Investment Banking, Citi Bank, IT
- Anna-Victoria Anderson, Current MBA Student, LUISS Business School, IT
- Moderated by Mark Farrell, Head, Graduate School of Business and Law, RMIT University, AU
- 11:45 – 12:45 Discussion groups with pre-assigned themes – workshop roomsGroup 1: Technology:How will technology change the delivery and design of the MBA in 2020?Group 2: Relevance:
What changes do MBA programs/business schools need to make to ensure they remain relevant to the needs of students, business and society?Group 3: Challenges?
What other challenges may affect the future of MBA programs – locally, nationally, and globally?Group 4: MBA curricula in 2020:
What will the ideal MBA curriculum look like in 2020?
- 12:45 – 13:15 – Feedback – Aula Magna
- 13:15 – 14:30 Lunch – Sala Colonne
- 14:30 – 15:30 Confessions of an MBA Director – Redesigning the MBA – Aula MagnaA hands-on example of a recent programme redesign. Learn about the consultation process and challenges encountered.
- Gloria Batllori, Director, MBA Programmes, ESADE Business School, ES
- 15:30 – 16:00 Coffee Break – Sala Colonne
- 16:00 – 17:00 Breakout sessions – discussion groups10A Student expectationsStudents or customers? How do you set limits? What does the new relationship mean?
Moderated by Melissa Handley, MBA Associate Director, ESADE Busines School, ES
10B Innovative ways to capture student experience
Blogs, videos etc. Moderated by Elaine Eades, Director of MBA Programmes, University of Liverpool Management School, UK
11A Faculty management
How to encourage faculty to be more student-responsive and student-focused? How to foster new teaching styles?
Moderated by Amalia Di Iorio, Associate Pro-Vice Chancellor, College of Arts, Social Sciences and Commerce, La Trobe University AU
11B Engaging corporate partners
How can you involve corporate partners and make sure your teaching caters to their needs?
Moderated by Stefania Mauri, Corporate Marketing Responsible, LUISS Business School, IT
- 17:00 – 17:30 EFMD Update – Aula MagnaNadine Burquel, Director, Business School Services, EFMD
- 18:45 Transfer to Gala Dinner – Hotel Fenix, Viale Gorizia 5
- 19:30 Gala Dinner at Vittoriano – Altare della Patria
- 22:30 Busses back to Hotel Fenix
Tuesday, 10 March 2015
- 09:00 – 10:00 Trends & Developments in Graduate Management Education – Aula Magna
- Alex Chisholm, Director, Statistical Analysis, GMAC®, US
- 10:00 – 10:30 Coffee Break – Sala Colonne
- 10:30 – 12:00 The Use of Apps in Education – Aula MagnaThis session will discuss the rise of the mobile app economy and its significance to the delivery of graduate management education, in the classroom and beyond. The presentation will focus on Apple’s iOS ecosystem and highlight a variety of apps, workflows and best practices for enhancing the MBA experience with mobile technology. Further reading will be made available after the session.
- 12:00 – 12:30 Closing Remarks & Welcome to the 2016 Conference
- 12:30 – 14:00 Lunch – Sala Colonne