Dean LUISS Business School. PhD in Management. Full Professor of Management and Corporate Strategy, LUISS University. Director of the Research Center for Business Transformation, LUISS Business School.
Teaching in Bachelor and Master Programs, MBA, PhD in Management and executive education.
Designated component of the Evaluation Team, LUM Jean Monnet University, Expert of International standing, Australian Research Council and Member of the SNS-SSSA-IUSS Evaluation Unit.
Chairman of the Advisory Board, Lars Magnus Ericsson Foundation
Member of the Board of Directors, AICAS and of the Scientific Committee of the Intelligence Laboratory, University of Calabria.
He is on the Board of L. Com.
Member of the International Advisory Board, Amsterdam International Business School.
Member of the Scientific Committee of the Business Magazine Cyber Affairs.
He has been member of the steering group for the research “Women on Business
Expert on development and implementation of quality standards in planning and implementation of organizational changes, leadership and organization in higher education, university adaptation and change, international and comparative higher education, globalization of higher education systems, and knowledge management. During his tenure as Dean, LUISS Business School achieves the EQUIS accreditation and is going through AACSB. Furthermore, the School is now responsible for the Italian Chapter of PRME.
Advisor of Quality Services and Processes EQUIS and Member of the EQUIS Committee, composed by highly respected individuals with extensive experience of management education. It supports and advises the EFMD and the EQUIS Director on the development, implementation and operation of the System, including advice on relevant policies, criteria and processes.
Renowned speaker at International Conferences, he is the author of many scholarly publications in the field of strategic management, creative industries and business model innovation and wrote the heading “Creative Industries” of the Palgrave Dictionary on Strategic Management.
- 2011 – Best Reviewer Award – Academy of Management Technology and Innovation Management Division (TIM), San Antonio – Texas
- 2010 – Distinguished Paper Award – Academy of Management; Finalist for the Glueck Best Paper Award of the Business Policy and Strategy Division (BPS) with the paper “The Role of structural holes in highly regulated networks: a study of clinical research projects”
- 2009 – Best Paper Award – CINet (Continuous Innovation Network) 10th CINet International Conference, Brisbane (Australia)
Some recent publications
- Boccardelli, P., Peruffo E. (2018), How Technogym Created the Wellness Industry. In de Onzoño S. I. & Ichijo K., Business Despite Borders: Companies in the Age of Populist Anti-Globalization (pp. 65-76), Palgrave Macmillan, DOI: 10.1007/978-3-319-76306-4
- Boccardelli P., Iacovone, D. (2018), “L’“impresa” di diventare digitale. Come la rivoluzione tecnologica sta influenzando la gestione d’impresa”, Il Mulino, Bologna, ISBN: 9788815274045
- Vicentini, F. Boccardelli, P (2016). Strategic Human Capital, Team Composition and Project Team Performance: The role of flexibility and experience. In Russ, M. (Ed.) Quantitative multidisciplinary approaches in human capital and asset management. IGI Global Publication, (pp. 1-317). Hershey, PA: IGI Global. ISBN: 9781466696525.
- Brunetta F., Boccardelli P., Giustiniano L., (2016), The institutional understanding of technological innovation. Considerations on international R&D networks, in “Contemporary Perspectives on Technological Innovation, Management and Policy”, Volume III, Information Age [forthcoming]
- Vicentini, F., Boccardelli, P. (2015). Innovazione e team di progetto nella produzione seriale televisiva. Economia dei Servizi, Mercati, Istituzioni, Management. (Forthcoming)
- Boccardelli P., Brunetta F. (2014). “Istituzioni, Mercati e Imprese. Il ruolo delle Istituzioni nelle strategie di crescita” MCGRAW-HILL, Milano, ISBN 978 88386 74679
- Boccardelli P., D’Alise C., (2014), “Buyer mediated competition and supplier’s innovation” AOM, Annual Meeting of the Academy of Management, 1-5/08
- Boccardelli P., Markeviciute I. (2014), Changing the Value Proposition of a Business Model: The Recombinant Innovation Approach, 8th CINet Young Academics Workshop, Stockholm, Sweden
- Brunetta F., Boccardelli P., Lipparini A., (2014), “An Analysis of Network Structure in Highly-Regulated Settings: Evidences from Clinical Research”, Strategic Management Society 34th Annual International Conference Madrid, Spain.
- Capo F., Boccardelli P., (2014), “Here Comes the Shock: Leveraging Business Models into Networks”, Strategic Management Society 34th Annual International Conference Madrid, Spain.
- Fontana F., Boccardelli P., (2014), Corporate Strategy, Hoepli Editore, Milano, forthcoming.
- Vicentini, F., Boccardelli, F. (2014). “Project team reassembling and experiential diversity: evidences from the Italian television drama series industry”. In: “Waves and Winds of Strategic Leadership for Sustainable Competitiveness”, 14th Annual Conference of the European Academy of Management, Euram, Valencia, 4-7, June 2014. ISBN No: 978-84-697-0377-9 [Conference proceedings]
- Ahuja G., Boccardelli P., D’Alise C., (2013), “Supplier-Buyer Networks and Buyer’s Innovation”AOM, Annual Meeting of the Academy of Management, 9-13/08
- Boccardelli P., (2013), “Creative Industries”, in: Teece D.J., Augier M.E., Dictionary in Strategic Management, Palgrave Macmillan: DOI: 10.1057/9781137294678.0151.
- Boccardelli P., Munari F., Sobrero M. (2012), “L’innovazione tecnologica e il vantaggio competitivo: analisi e gestione strategica degli investimenti in R&S”, In: Caroli M.G., Fontana F., ECONOMIA E GESTIONE DELLE IMPRESE, p. 407-462. Milan: MCGRAW-HILL.
- Brunetta, F., Boccardelli, P., & Lipparini, A. (2012). Network dynamics for temporary organizations: evidences from the movie industry, In: Strategic Management Society 32nd Annual International, Prague, Czech Republic.
- Björk J., Boccardelli P., Magnusson M., (2010), “Ideation Capabilities for Continuous Innovation”, in Creativity and Innovation Management– shortlisted as 2010 Best Paper Award for Creativity and Innovation Management Journal.
- Brunetta F., Boccardelli P., Lipparini A., “Structural Characteristics of Networks Embedded in Highly Regulated Settings: Evidences from Clinical Research”, accepted for presentation at the 30th SMS Annual International Conference “Strategic Management at the Crossroads” Rome, Italy, September 2010.
- Brunetta F., Boccardelli P., Lipparini A., “The role of structural holes in highly regulated networks: a study of clinical research projects”, accepted for presentation at the 2010 Academy of Management Annual Meeting, Montreal, Canada, August 7-11, 2010. Paper selected as a Distinguished Paper Award Recipient – Finalist for the Glueck Best Paper Award of the Business Policy and Strategy Division – Academy of Management
- Vicentini F., Boccardelli P., “Strategic Human Capital, Team Composition and Project Team Performance: An Evidence from the Drama Industry”, accepted for presentation at the 30th SMS Annual International Conference “Strategic Management at the Crossroads” Rome, Italy, September 2010.